Western Australia’s vast resources are at the heart of many of its businesses. From disputes to corporate transactions, all our work tends to touch upon resources or resource services businesses, but clients also seek our assistance directly to help deliver complex projects, manage regulatory requirements, fund growth, negotiate deals and navigate Australia’s foreign investment regime. Our experience in infrastructure, energy and resources extends to:
- project delivery methodology practices from traditional procurement through to public/private partnerships (PPPs), alliancing, managing contractor and other less traditional approaches;
- government regulation including legislation, policies and approval procedures inside and outside the mining and resources regimes;
- procurement strategy development including EOI, tender processes and tender document drafting;
- documentation and legal strategy;
- project plan development and structuring;
- financing arrangements; and
- disposal and acquisition of property / project interests.
Our lawyers have acted on large infrastructure projects over three continents, including acting for a large European oil company, consulting to government on resource reform legislation and acting for one of Australia’s biggest private health providers on its leasing and development agreement with the State for the construction of a large new hospital.