Lyle is a solicitor with 3 years’ experience in commercial disputes including secured recoveries and general litigation. He has had the day to day conduct on a high volume of files with quick deadlines. He has acted on behalf of three of the “big four” banks and many smaller lenders. In addition, he has acted on behalf of individuals and small to medium sized businesses.
Lyle’s expertise includes advising on:
- The National Consumer Credit Code, Banking Code of Practice and Transfer of Land Act;
- Cross-collateralisation of securities;
- Action against unrepresented deceased estates, bankrupt individuals, or deregistered companies;
- Action against defendants residing outside of Australia;
- Applications for leave to enforce judgments (after 6 years);
- Mitigating risk when selling as mortgagee-in-possession, including dealing with chattels, property contamination and local government compliance.
Lyle also has experience in commercial lease disputes, bankrupt estates, deceased estate disputes and contractual disputes.
Lyle has appeared as counsel in the Supreme Court of Western Australia, and has acted on matters in the Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Australia and High Court of Australia.
Recently, Lyle has advised clients on COVID-19 stimulus legislation including negotiating rent relief between tenants and landlords, debt recovery and creditor disputes.