- By blackwall.admin
- Posted June 1, 2019
Rob McKenzie joins Immediation’s Inaugral Panel
Immediation has developed a new online platform, which enables businesses and consumers to access mediation directly. Arbitration and expert determination will be available soon.
It provides a cost effective and efficient alternative to traditional dispute resolution pathways, such as going to court.
Rob McKenzie, Partner at Blackwall Legal LLP has been appointed to the inaugural mediation panel.
Rob has more than 35 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law, with particular expertise in corporate, financing, restructuring and insolvency law.
“It’s an exciting innovation in law which augments existing systems. The service is simple, fast and impartial. Immediation is online and open to individuals, consumers, in-house legal teams, businesses, companies, institutions and government departments.”
“The mediators have a wide array of expertise. Someone with appropriate experience will be available to facilitate the parties attempting to find a resolution, rather than using the more traditional and formal, physical court-based mediation. The online platform is advanced on a global basis and will improve access to justice.”
“I’m really looking forward to seeing how Immediation impacts upon resolution of disputes. Clients are constantly looking for ways to deal with conflict quickly, more efficiently and more cost effectively,” Rob McKenzie said.
There are a number of reasons why you might use Immediation
- Quicker – Immediation aims to deliver an outcome for parties within 45 days, limits the amount of documents in order to narrow legal issues and can facilitate resolution of inter-state or overseas disputes without the need for travel.
- Cheaper – the service is principally targeted at disputes worth between $50,000 and $2 million, with up-front fees fixed and proportionate to the value of the claim.
- More commercial – Immediation seeks to provide more commercial outcomes for clients than court-based dispute resolution and to retain business relationships.
- Quality expertise – the Panel includes eminent former judges, barristers, solicitors and mediators with specialist expertise in a range of areas, who act as independent and impartial mediators for participants.
- Reduce risk – both parties need to agree to use this dispute resolution mechanism but costs are set and won’t exceed projections and documentation can be based on settled, standard precedents.
Immediation has also already achieved its gender target for the Panel.
For more information call Blackwall Legal LLP or go to: https://www.immediation.com/