Australia’s regulatory requirements have grown in complexity over recent years and now require more attention than ever before. Blackwall Legal places great importance on all aspects of regulatory compliance and works side-by-side with our clients to protect the organisation’s financial, reputational and structural interests.
Our lawyers have developed strong relationships with the ASX and ASIC over the years in order to ensure we are fully conversant with the latest regulatory requirements. Our Special Counsel Jamie Ogilvie, previously holding senior positions with ASIC and in the financial services industry, can assist your organisation with all queries relating to your regulatory responsibilities or help navigate a situation where a breach may have occurred.
Our team can assist you in relation to your requirements and potential contraventions of the related legislations governed by the following regulatory authorities:
- Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Australian Prudential Regulation Australia (APRA)
- Australian Federal Police
- Australian Crime Commission
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB)
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Our recent experience in the regulatory space includes:
- advising companies (both shells and targets) undertaking backdoor listing transactions (involving extensive engagement with ASX, in particular);
- advising a client involved in an ASIC insider trading investigation;
- advising a client involved in a high-profile money laundering investigation;
- assisting a director of an ASX-listed company defend AFP allegations of breaches of the Crimes Act in respect of foreign bribery;
- providing advice in respect of FIRB requirements where a foreign buyer acquires shares in an Australian company; and
- multiple engagements with companies providing advice in respect of general Corporations Act and ASX listing rules compliance.
Insights & Publications
- April 20, 2018
Organisations hold increasingly large amounts of personal information, sometimes without being conscious of the sensitivity of that...[Read More]
- October 19, 2017
With none of the fanfare associated with other recent insolvency reforms, the Federal Government today introduced amendments...[Read More]